Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Naming our Precious

We have long decided on HBB english name. We want to name her Edna Faith. Edna is a combination of Big mac n my name... while Faith is given by Daddy dearest big mac....
Then comes the chinese name.. since we are giving her 2 english name... and so we wanted to give her a single character chinese name.. else she will prob scold us for making ehr write such LONG name in school n during any registration nxt time haaa...

During pregnancy... I was of the word 宇 amongst many other character... I wasnt sure if its good enuff... asked Big mac to give some suggestion he seemed to give me the same character asa well... ahh so limited meh? few thousand chinese character leh... and we can give same name?? Undeterred... I told big mac.. we shld consult the shifu for the name since a name is REALLY impt for a person to make it BIG in life...
After much hunting of various master for naming HBB... we decided on the one that gave Xavier his chinese name...

Guess what? I got the BIGGEST SHOCK out of my dear life when the shifu came to give us his list of names.. ... its the same character! 宇... oh my... of cos he gave other names too but he said this is the BEST one for her... needless to say... I did nto even consider other names given... Our lil one shall be named 韩宇... 韩 is the surname while 宇 meaning universe... May our precious one dominate the universe! haaaa
of cos there was some in depth details of hw the name comes about but its more on the astrology kind of meaning... I shall skip that....

Meanwhile... we can finaly do our lil Edna Faith's birth cert.. and daddy dearest was very proud of Edna's birth cert number haaa... cos is a super nice number.... everythg seem too wonderful for the lil one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment